- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 4 servings
Tomatoes Filled with Couscous
If you love couscous dishes, you will definitely like this healthy recipe for stuffed tomatoes with couscous and shi-take mushrooms.
- couscous - 1 cup
- carrot - 2 tablespoons, cut sterilized
- peas - 2 tablespoons, frozen
- shi-take mushrooms - 4 ounces
- bell peppers - 2
- soup seasoning - 1 tablespoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- ground pepper - pinch
- tomatoes - 8, big
- olive oil - 6 tablespoons
- bay - 2 leaves
- Sprinkle couscous in bigger bowl and add cca 350 ml of boiling water. Stir slightly, cove and let swell for 5 minutes.
- Strain carrot and let drain. Then add it couscous together with defrost peas. Clean mushrooms and and peppers. Cut mushrooms in thin slices, cut peppers in small pieces. Add all to bowl to couscous, season with soup seasoning, salt and ground pepper.
- Wash tomatoes, dry them, cut off tops and keep them for later. Gouge inside of tomatoes and fill tomatoes with prepared couscous mixture and cover with cut off tops.
- Lay stuffed tomatoes in baking pan and pour olive oil over. Add bay leaves and bake at 180 °C for 25 minutes. Serve tomatoes with white pastry.
Couscous is one of the foods that many people have not yet experienced. A smaller type of couscous is actualy made from grain and looks more like rice is considered pasta. Couscous is both a pasta and a grain – it depends who you ask, made with semolina flour, which is known for its nutritional properties and has a good nutritional value and fiber amount in the diet. Couscous is dishes are mainly found in Africa, the Middle East and the Mediterranean areas.
Including couscous in your diet will provide you with several health benefits. Just 1 cup of couscous provides you up to 60% of daily value with selenium. Selenium is a trace mineral that the your body needs to function properly. It is also acting as an antioxidant and protector of healthy cells, which counters mutating effects of toxins that can change the DNA, leading to disease and premature aging.
My whole family loves this dish 😉 tasty and healthy meal.